[Ohio-talk] voc rehab and unreasonable acommodations

Rachel Kuntz rachelrkuntz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 14:28:52 UTC 2015

As someone who became blind as an adult, I would love the chance to learn about advocacy. Perhaps some of the esteemed advocates in the NFB could create a weekend retreat. I would be the first to register. Topics could include employment, VR, government policy, and so on.

Warmly,
Rachel Kuntz

> On Oct 9, 2015, at 8:53 AM, Cheryl Fischer via Ohio-talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Marianne,
>
> I think that formal training in how to advocate for oneself can put the idea in one's head that one has the right to do so, but like most things in life, watching others do it and having the opportunity to do it yourself in real life is most beneficial. I wish the schools would be more comfortable connecting students with the NFB and other disability organizations where young people could observe and take part in advocacy efforts and be supported and advised as they try to advocate for themselves.
>
> Cheryl

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/barbara.pierce
>>> 9