[Ohio-talk] Reading Minutes at Meetings

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 05:28:59 UTC 2016

Hello all:

I am now the Secretary for the NFB of the Greater Miami Chapter in Dayton.
I am curious to know if Secretaries of chapters around the state are reading
their minutes at each meeting.  I personally feel like this is an
unnecessary practice since we send the minutes out via email and I maintain
that it is the responsibility of each member to read the minutes themselves.
Plus, I'd like to use our time more effectively.  I write pretty detailed
minutes.  While I do not write out everything that is said, I do provide
enough information so that someone who was unable to attend can get a very
good idea of what was discussed at the meeting.  That being said, however, I
do understand that there are some people who may not have access to email.
My thought was to put this as a question before our chapter but I was asked
to do some research on it first.  So, please let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Robby