[Ohio-talk] Reading Minutes at Meetings

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 06:11:41 UTC 2016

Robbie,I understand what you are saying in regards to being time efficient and asking members to be responsible for reading the minutes prior to the meeting, but also it is important that all members  have access to the minutes if you do not want to read them at the meeting.  Our world is advancing rapidly  in the area of technology and the younger generation has adapted to this quickly and easily, whereas, it is important to look at the demographics of each chapter individually to determine the population of each specific chapter and adapt to the population of that chapter.  If this means that a chapter has a large population of seniors who do not have access to the internet for whatever reason, then by all means, taking a few extra minutes to read the minutes during the meeting, will not be that difficult. We need to be inclusive of all and be careful not to lose members simply because they are not linked via social media, Thank you for posting this relevant topic to the list serve.