[Ohio-talk] Reading Minutes at Meetings

Denver Jones emfs1969 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:33:28 UTC 2016

I too agree with a great many of you, reading the minutes is a waste of time. However, sometimes demographics dictate differently. Emily firm believer in the policy that if I have a complaint I should find a solution. I also believe that if you don't want to do a job shouldn't volunteer for the position. So when I dissected Robbie's post, and read "they should figure this out for themselves" I was a little upset by that. It would have set better with me if Robbie stated he would help the membership figure out a way to work around this problem.  That to me, seemed a little self absorbed. Now this of course, is just my take on things.  I do not want anyone to Magent or think that I am attacking Robbie, because that is not my intent, I merely expressing my view I want to again point out my statement, that if you find a problem, you find a solution! I think Robby is a fine individual, and he will do a great job as secretary! Because, I trust the judgment of my president. I believe has already stated we will find a way to work through this that fixes it for everyone.

Respect fully,

Denver Jones

> On Feb 18, 2016, at 8:46 AM, richard via Ohio-talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> I agree with Barbra,
> It is very important to note here that Miami valley is not struggling with
> this issue but Robby asked me and I   told him to put the question on Ohio
> talks to see how other chapters do this.
> While written minutes are still most common, electronic methods are growing
> in popularity. If we are using computer technology, we must make sure
> policies exist to ensure no alteration or manipulation of content, and that
> personal data contained in the minutes is kept private. This is especially
> important with home-based computers.
> The previous secretary Taped  the meetings and transcribed  the minutes
> after.
> While reading the various post    it would seem that people could say the
> same thing about emailing the other very important reports that we read in
> meetings.
> We will look at this in our chapter and are very happy that the members of
> the Ohio affiliated has been willing to share. Positive Payne

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/dkkendrick%40e
>>> a
>>> rthlin

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/spangler.rober