[Ohio-talk] Digital Washers and Dryers

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Fri Feb 19 19:57:30 UTC 2016

Hi Richard and Listers,

Our apartment building converted to digital washers and dryers about ten years ago.  I got around the problem of inaccessibility by having the superintendent read the settings to me, and I labeled them with dymo tape.  There isn't much to label; just "clrs" for colors, "white" for white clothes, "perm" for permanent press, and "deli" for delicate.  Just do the same for each appliance.  I haven't had a problem ever since I labeled.  The only drawback to a digital machine is that it's hard to keep track of how much you have left on your laundry card, even if you know how much each load costs.  You can keep track if you know the cost of each load, but that would require you to keep a running tabulation of each load you wash and/or dry.  Failing that method, you can always wait until your card runs out of money and then go to the refilling machine.

By the way, label the card machine as well.  Label "insert" where you insert your card, "money" where you insert your money notes, and "New card" when you want to get your new card or replace your old one.

Richard, don't be too concerned.  It'll be all right once you get the hang of it.

All the best,
Milena Zavoli