[Ohio-talk] Fw: Catching up Maybe did not go thru first time

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 01:39:11 UTC 2016

Sorry if you have already seen this but I don't know that it made it to the list.

     On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:55 PM, purplecakers <purplecakers at yahoo.com> wrote:

Getting back in the grove finally and just following up on things. This was a very productive convention with lots of new and updated information for me and I hope it was great for everyone who attended. There were a lot of interesting updates and speakers during the general sessions and many other great opportunities in the evenings. I wanted to take this opportunity thank everyone who helped with our affiliate's fundraising efforts during the week. I truly appreciate team efforts on getting M & M's into the hands of people with the munchies during our days in Orlando. I think back on all the previous conventions I have attended and how Ohio has always been known for its M & M sales. This is any easy opportunity,  as people even  hunt us down to buy. I recall the first time I heard about it and  that we all help and it was expected of all Ohio attendees to assist with the project. I never had an issue with doing my part and usually  paid up front so I didn't have to worry about the money. Our state leaders told me years ago that anyone who received any type of assistance to get to convention was expected to help sell candy in support of the NFB. That isn't much to ask of members. Every member can also help with fundraising whether or not assistance was received,  as we cannot survive without fundraising.  Karen Warner and Gloria  Robinson  really got out and moved candy, and kept coming  back for more. Thank you ladies for not stopping at one bag!    We need to encourage members. new and old to have fun and participate in this project each summer  and other projects that our NFB family does.  Heres a tip. People love to buy from kids, next year find some kids that you know,  to sell your candy for you, this being easier once you have paid for it. It works. Anyone who had outstanding money from your candy, I hope  it has been sent to Sherri Ruth by now. I believe  Richard emailed a reminder to the individuals he had on the list of outstanding funds after we arrived home. Again, many thanks to those who helped with our convention fundraising!Carol