[Ohio-talk] IRS Scam Calls Alert

Shelbi Hindel shelbiah1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 22:10:37 UTC 2016

Melina,
Thank you for this detailed information. It provided more than the local
news has. I have seen the Washington state area code on my caller ID. There
are so many scams out there that it can be difficult to know if a call is a
true fundraising cause that you just might want to support. I'd suggest
folks ask to have information sent rather than a donation using a debit or
credit card. I had a scam call shortly after a Columbus police officer was
shot. The caller was upset about sending me something in the mail because
that process cut into the funds raised. This was supposedly for the family's
of officers who'd fallen in the line of duty.

Be careful!
Shelbi