[Ohio-talk] Converting mp4 to wav was RE: Rephrasing Technical Question

Alan Lemly walemly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:09:09 UTC 2016

Milena,

I don't know if you're using a Windows or a Mac computer but if you're using
Windows, Pazera is a free program that will extract audio from video quite
nicely and it supports a variety of formats and wav is one of the output
formats. You can read about it on this page:

http://www.pazera-software.com/products/audio-extractor/

I would suggest that you download the portable version of Pazera since
nothing needs to be installed and you simply unzip the files and place a
link on your desktop to the AudioExtractor.exe file which will be one of the
ones unzipped to the folder you unzip them in. Here is a link to the
portable version of Pazera:

http://www.pazera-software.com/files/Pazera_Free_Audio_Extractor_PORTABLE.zi

I downloaded Pazera and used it to extract the audio from an avi video file
to wav and it did it very quickly. The program is accessible and has a menu
structure and toolbar buttons.

Finally, if you don't have a Windows system and prefer using an online site
as Aleeha mentioned, you might try the media.io site which someone on the
macvisionaries list mentioned tonight as their choice for various file
format conversions and it supports mp4 and wav among the options.

Good luck.

Alan Lemly