[Ohio-talk] Ohio-talk] Piggest Raffle Ticket Seller to Richard Payne?

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 14:45:27 UTC 2016

Thank you Karen for making your concerns heard.  I do agree with what you said, as this listserv, I, too, thought, was  a forum for discussion of topics relating to the blind, such as legislative efforts, news, announcements, technology and such, things of a more serious nature. When you consider that the comments are read by more than just a few people in Ohio, it is not very becoming of us as a whole.  I am on several lists within the NFB and outside of the NFB and appreciate what is presented on them and the tone in which  it is presented.   We need to keep in mind that we want to represent Ohio NFB in a positive manner.  Everything we do and say should  reflect on  us  as a  professional organization, with truth and honesty.  Fun is fun but we need to be cautious on  how we represent the list and the NFB, or misrepresent the NFB. Perhaps email and facebook messages are a better place to post humorous things or birthday wishes.  If we start doing this for every person on the list, we just clog up the list with messages and people start automatically hitting delete instead of reading our list. What do we want?Nuff said,Carol