[Ohio-talk] The senators on the Committee on Armed Services heard us loud and clear last week

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:39:37 UTC 2016

Hello, Fellow Federationists:

The senators on the Committee on Armed Services heard us loud and clear last
week; however, the staff who actually writes the legislation had some
technical issues with S. 2596.  They think that we need to get the
Department of Defense to fix their mistake of excluding service-connected
disabled veterans injured prior to September 23, 1996, from the Space
Available Program.  Fortunately, we will be offering an amendment on the
floor of the Senate to include S. 2596 in the National Defense Authorization
Act.  Once we do, we will let you all know the amendment number so you can
call your senator and tell them to end disparate treatment of disabled
veterans by supporting the amendment.  In the meantime, I want to thank each
of you for your hard work last week and letting the Senate know we care
about this issue, and I encourage you to keep getting cosponsors for H.R.
2264 and S. 2596.

Derek Manners

Advocacy and Policy Analyst

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street

At Jernigan Place

Baltimore, MD 21230

E:  <mailto:DManners at NFB.org> DManners at NFB.org

P: 410-659-9314 Ext. 2210

blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund
campaign, please visit  <http://www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture> ww
w.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture.