[Ohio-talk] recruiting members

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:54:05 UTC 2016

Dear Fellow Federationists:

As we approach the middle of this quarter, I'd like to share an idea with
you from Sam Parker, a motivational speaker. His concept is this. "At 211
degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water,
comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. Just one extra degree
makes all the difference." We encourage you to keep moving forward in your
recruiting efforts. You never know how your one extra degree could change
someone's life. Your efforts could motivate someone who is curious about the
National Federation of the Blind to come to a chapter meeting, or perhaps
inspire a former member to rejoin. When we all come together and put in that
extra degree, we not only have the strength to power trains but we have the
capability to move mountains and mount movements. There is still a lot of
time in this quarter to plan and hold recruiting events, to visit doctors'
offices, and to present the message of the NFB to support groups.

Please remember that we are here to support you in any way we can. You can
order brochures, alphabet cards, kernel books, and other literature for your
outreach events from the Independence Market by emailing
<mailto:independencemarket at nfb.org> independencemarket at nfb.org or you can
call (410) 659-9314, extension 2216.

We love to hear what you're up to! Please be sure to share your recruiting
activities on social media or via email at  <mailto:membership at nfb.org>
membership at nfb.org.

Danielle Trevino

Coordinator for Social Media and Member Engagement

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

  Baltimore, MD 21230

P: (410) 659-9314, Extension 2358

E: dtrevino at nfb.org

W: www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org/>

FB: National Federation of the Blind

TW: @NFB_voice

Live the life you want in 2016. Join the NFB today!
<https://nfb.org/how-join>

blindness is not what holds you back.