[Ohio-talk] correction to information

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 23:27:23 UTC 2016

Thanks Shelbi for being part of the team.
Greetings NFBO I wonder can we reach 50 people to attend the state
convention this week? I know we can because we are marching  for
independence.
2016 NFB of Ohio - 70th Anniversary Convention Marching for Independence

Friday, Nov. 11 - Sunday, Nov. 13, 2016
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
6200 Quarry Lane, Independence, Ohio 44131
(216) 447-1300
The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio invites you to join us for our
70th anniversary convention Nov. 11th to 13th at the DoubleTree by Hilton
Hotel in Independence, Ohio. As Ohio's oldest organization comprised of
blind people working together to change what it means to be blind, our 70th
anniversary convention will inspire, empower, and celebrate our
accomplishments. Join us to learn more about issues confronting blind people
today, and walk away ready to advocate for change.

Click Here to Register<http://nfbohio.org/new/registration/>

Hotel Information

Reserve your room at the DoubleTree in Independence, Ohio by calling
216-447-1300 and providing them with the group code "F B O." The room rate
is $89.00 plus tax per night for a room with a king bed (sleeps 2 adults) or
a room with 2 double beds (sleeps 4 adults). Act now to reserve your room.
This rate is good through October 21 or until all rooms in our block are
reserved. Room reservations may be cancelled without penalty up to 24 hours
prior to your check-in date.

Agenda

Our 70th anniversary convention will focus on the theme "Marching for
Independence." Although the agenda is not yet available, prepare to hear
inspirational stories about the work of our movement, learn more about our
history and philosophy, and try out the latest in technology designed to
enhance our lives. The following lists a few examples of the exciting
programs and guest speakers in store for attendees of this year's
convention.
* Anil Lewis, Executive Director of the National Federation of the Blind
Jernigan Institute, will give the keynote address at our 70th Anniversary
Convention Banquet.
* Network with blind people from all parts of the country in our Hospitality
Suite.
* Workshops designed to promote leadership, membership building, and
successful employment strategies.
* Exhibit Hall will feature the latest technology and low vision products.
Exhibitors

Chapters and divisions of the NFB of Ohio are invited to request a table in
the exhibit room to sell items to raise funds for their projects and
programs. Please send inquiries by October 21 to Macy McClain at
937-935-2610 or by email at macymcclain0990 at gmail.com.

Volunteering

Enhance your convention experience through volunteer work. Please consider
donating a couple of hours of your time while in attendance at convention. A
variety of opportunities are available to you. Reach out to Cheryl Fields at
216-566-4317 or by email at cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com for more information.
Thanks Rachel for putting this on the web. Richard Payne I approve this
Ohio-Talk mailing list
Ohio-Talk at nfbnet.org