[Ohio-talk] state convention

Payne, Richard L (Synchrony Financial) richard.payne at syf.com
Tue Oct 4 19:10:30 UTC 2016

Greetings NFBO I wonder can we reach 50 people to attend the state convention this week? I know we can because we are marching  for independence.
2016 NFB of Ohio - 70th Anniversary Convention
Marching for Independence

Friday, Nov. 11 - Sunday, Nov. 13, 2016

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
1100 Quarry Lane
Independence, OH 44131

The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio invites you to join us for our 70th anniversary convention Nov. 11th to 13th at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Independence, Ohio. As Ohio's oldest organization comprised of blind people working together to change what it means to be blind, our 70th anniversary convention will inspire, empower, and celebrate our accomplishments. Join us to learn more about issues confronting blind people today, and walk away ready to advocate for change.

Click Here to Register<http://nfbohio.org/new/registration/>

Hotel Information

Reserve your room at the DoubleTree in Independence, Ohio by calling 216-447-1300 and providing them with the group code "F B O." The room rate is $89.00 plus tax per night for a room with a king bed (sleeps 2 adults) or a room with 2 double beds (sleeps 4 adults). Act now to reserve your room. This rate is good through October 21 or until all rooms in our block are reserved. Room reservations may be cancelled without penalty up to 24 hours prior to your check-in date.

Agenda

Our 70th anniversary convention will focus on the theme "Marching for Independence." Although the agenda is not yet available, prepare to hear inspirational stories about the work of our movement, learn more about our history and philosophy, and try out the latest in technology designed to enhance our lives. The following lists a few examples of the exciting programs and guest speakers in store for attendees of this year's convention.
* Anil Lewis, Executive Director of the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, will give the keynote address at our 70th Anniversary Convention Banquet.
* Network with blind people from all parts of the country in our Hospitality Suite.
* Workshops designed to promote leadership, membership building, and successful employment strategies.
* Exhibit Hall will feature the latest technology and low vision products.
Exhibitors

Chapters and divisions of the NFB of Ohio are invited to request a table in the exhibit room to sell items to raise funds for their projects and programs. Please send inquiries by October 21 to Macy McClain at 937-935-2610 or by email at macymcclain0990 at gmail.com.

Volunteering

Enhance your convention experience through volunteer work. Please consider donating a couple of hours of your time while in attendance at convention. A variety of opportunities are available to you. Reach out to Cheryl Fields at 216-566-4317 or by email at cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com for more information.
Thanks Rachel for putting this on the web. Richard Payne I approve this message