[Ohio-talk] (no subject)

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 00:54:33 UTC 2016

Hello Ohio affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind. My name is
Bryan Duarte and I am currently serving as a board member of the National
Association of the Blind. I am excited to tell you that I will be attending
your state convention this November as your NABS rep.

To tell you a little bit about myself, I am currently serving as a NABS
board member, the president of the Arizona Association of Blind Students,
board member of the East Valley Chapter of the Arizona affiliate, and was a
national scholarship winner in 2015. I graduated with my degree in Software
Engineering, and currently I am pursuing my Ph.D in Computer Science. My
research and development is in Human Computer Interaction and
Person-centered Assistive Technology for the blind. Some of my interests and
hobbies include, beep ball, camping, fishing, wake boarding, cheering on all
of my Arizona sports teams, and yes of course, long walks on the beach;)

This November during the Ohio state convention I will be working hard to
locate student leaders to build a student division board around. I would
like to ask you all to reach out to all the students you know and find out
if they would be at all interested in serving on the Ohio Association of
Blind Students board. If you or someone you know is interested in serving
please contact me so we can discuss where you might like to serve.  I can be
reached via phone or email at:
Phone: 480-652-3045
eMail: bjduarte at asu.edu

Again I am excited to meet you all during my trip to Ohio, and look forward
to what awesome things we can do to build a student division. Now, lets go
build a federation and live the lives we want!

Thank you,
Bryan Duarte software engineer
ASU Computer Science Ph.D candidate
National Association of Blind Students Board Member
QwikEyes CEO http://www.qwikeyes.com/

"let nothing disturb you, let nothing frighten you, all things are passing
away: God never changes. patience obtains all things. whoever has God lacks
nothing; God alone suffices."
St. Teresa of Avila