[Ohio-talk] Saving Money!

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Tue Sep 13 20:40:18 UTC 2016

Greetings Friends,

I hope that I don't offend anyone by what I'm about to say.  If so, I apologize in advance.

Last night on the call with the Board, someone brought up the subject of lunch being $18.  Personally, I think that's too high either for just a wrap or a sub.  Instead of paying $18, bring your own lunch.  Not only will you save money when you bring your own lunch, you control the amount of salt, sugar and other unwanted ingredients, as well as portion size.  Take your leftovers from last night's dinner and make a salad or a sandwich.  The price of lunch seems to be climbing every year, and you can do something about it.

Additionally, we can save money if the Board has its meeting at a library or a church, as we did in the past.  That way, we don't feel obligated to the hotel staff about lunch.  Funds are very hard to raise, and we must spend our money wisely.

I don't mean to come across as lecturing, and you can spend your money any way you want.  This is common sense, and I thought you wouldn't mind my opinion.

All the Best,
Milena Zavoli