[Ohio-talk] [External] Few: in upcoming test of emergency alert system, FCC needs your feedback

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 19:23:10 UTC 2016

Hello, let's drop this thread immedieatly... unproductive.
I have every confidence that nfb Ohio leadership will sort this matter
out and reply soon.
But, in the meantime, let's stay focused and  Build the Federation!
Make this a great day! Be good to yourself and a blessing to others!
Cheryl Fields nfb O Board Member

On 9/21/16, Carol Akers via Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> To allI am sorry that some of  you may feel very unhappy about the source of
> information that I shared. I am on a great number of email lists, some are
> blind related and some not. I receive a lot of emails from organizations and
> I don't know about the rest of you, but I read them and appreciate
> information that is relevant and being shared. There are many missed
> opportunities for us to make a difference and this would be one. I was
> sharing what I felt was valuable and important information that ALL blind
> organizations could come together on and make their voices heard, as I had
> not seen any of this information posted or shared through any other source
> on Ohio Talk. Who in our affiliate had this same information from my
> postings? Who shared it? Would you rather be uninformed and thus appear
> uninterested in giving your responses or opinions or helping improve things?
>  Who is it  in our organization that is responsible for researching, finding
> and sharing this type of information? Is there a committee? Is it the Board?
> Is it the President and Vice President?  I don't know who it is. I am not
> sure of the reasons for being unhappy over getting the information. Is it
> that ACBO had it first? I understand there alledgedly are issues between the
> two organizations, but aren't we working together on some things? It is
> almost like TV station ABC telling employees not to listen or watch NBC or
> CBS or FOX networks and learn or share anything from them because ABC will
> be mad. Good information is important and beneficial. I wonder if ACB would
> feel the same way if the reverse were shared? I guess I will refrain from
> sharing any other information that I get in any form as not to offend
> anyone. Remember that unless someone else  within the NFB makes the effort
> to share such information, we will all miss out on opportunities.Carol
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
>   On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Smith, JW via
> Ohio-Talk<ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Now hold on Sir!
>
> I don't know you meaning I have never met you or at least do not remember
> it, but with all due respect, your message is and was not respectful in my
> opinion!
>
> This is not the place for such rantings and unsubstantiated commentary and
> claims in my opinion and your rush to judgment is not helpful or informative
> despite its seeming passion.
>
> When you throw dirt, you hold out the possibility of some of it getting on
> you as well so it is best not to do it!
>
> If you have issues with the leadership of this affiliate, I challenge and
> advise you to take it up directly with the appropriate people and at the
> right time and in the proper context please?

> [...]
>>> ral_public-2Dsafety-2Dsupport-2Dcenter&d=DQIGaQ&c=i0QXx0LZaNWl3bsI0Hr
>>> dtw&r=VwceYPGIIpVPLVm9gShbIRaVNtDCN1-d9rGacia1JBYgBHb7brUX0EXwNQPG1QW
>>> x&m=YjUeeTZBQFCGFPdc1BT2DdrBcK7xzLF1RM5ma-vYYzI&s=d0SpbY2k79Gxq4EOJS4
>>> wZzRqMV5uVfCZL2uI_r_VNsY&e=

>>> get your account info for Ohio-Talk:
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__nfbnet.org_mailma
>>> n_options_ohio-2Dtalk-5Fnfbnet.org_richard.payne-2540synchronyfinanci
>>> al.com&d=DQIGaQ&c=i0QXx0LZaNWl3bsI0Hrdtw&r=VwceYPGIIpVPLVm9gShbIRaVNt
>>> DCN1-d9rGacia1JBYgBHb7brUX0EXwNQPG1QWx&m=YjUeeTZBQFCGFPdc1BT2DdrBcK7x
>>> zLF1RM5ma-vYYzI&s=AXgVAexfLss5NYGcQvFTQLVeSaw5y2aSwUC1lNwlPug&e=
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/barbara.pierce