[Ohio-talk] The NFB #How EYE See It Campaign

Sheri Albers sheri.albers87 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 03:55:27 UTC 2016

Hello Fellow Federationists,

Richard and I attended a special conference call this evening with our
national president, Mark Riccobono, who updated all affiliate leaders on the
status of the Foundation Fighting Blindness (FFB) fundraising campaign
called the "How I See It Blindfold Challenge". As some of you may know,
there are videos being produced by sighted people who are blindfolding
themselves and attempting to do normal, everyday things. The problem is that
they are instilling fear of blindness to the public, in order to get them to
donate money to research for a cure. President Riccobono reiterated that,
while we support raising money for research, this is not the appropriate way
to go about it.

Very shortly, there will be an extension of our original efforts to put more
of an emphasis on specific messages to the public as follows: 1. Do not
participate in the FFB challenge; 2. Do not donate to the FFB challenge; 3.
Educate about the FFB challenge.

President Riccobono wants to thank everyone who has already participated in
our counter-effort, #How EYE See It Campaign. That is with the word "eye"
spelled E Y E.

Stay tuned to this list for more information from the NFB national office.
We want to show the FFB that we live the life we want.

Sheri Albers, Vice President