[Ohio-talk] NFBO 2016 state Convention Assistance Form

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 09:27:41 UTC 2016

Hello members of the NFBO I hope you are already making plans to attend this
year's convention. The marching for independence campaign and your board of
directors has made it possible for the first time in a while to provide some
assistance to people who have a need to attend the convention. This is an
investment so let's work extra hard to help blind people to live the lives
they want.  I have attached the form and it is also in the body of this
message.

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio 2016 State Convention Assistance
Form

The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio convention will take place
November 11 through November 13,  2016  at the DoubleTree by Hilton in
independence, Ohio. Due to limited affiliate resources, we are only able to
offer partial assistance to those who qualify. High priority will be given
to anyone seeking assistance to attend their first state convention.
Assistance requests must be submitted to President Richard Payne before
October 25, 2016. Any application forms received after that date will not be
considered. If you have any questions about the form or the process, contact
Richard by email at rchpay7 at gmail.com or call (937)396-5573.
NOTE: For anyone receiving convention assistance, you will be expected to
attend all general sessions, meetings and workshops. There may also be
various volunteer positions available for you to get involved in.
How to apply for Convention Assistance:
1.	Submit a personal request letter. Please tell us why you wish to
attend the convention and what you hope to accomplish as a result. Since
financial need is the basis for this request, briefly describe the
extenuating circumstances that are preventing you from attending convention.
This is a major consideration in the decision making process.

2.	Contact your chapter or division president, and ask him/her to send
a letter of support for your application directly to President Richard
Payne. This letter must also state what assistance, if any, you will be
receiving from that chapter or division. NOTE: If you are not yet a member
of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, please call President Payne
for an interview by phone at (937)396-5573.

3.	Complete the convention assistance form below:

NFBO 2016 CONVENTION ASSISTANCE FORM

Name:
Street Address:
City, State, Zip:
Phone:
Email:

Number of adults planning to attend:
Number of children planning to attend:

Date of arrival:
Date of departure:

WHAT TYPE OF ASSISTANCE DO YOU NEED?

1.	Hotel Room: Yes or No.          If No, skip this section.

		 Room rates are $89 per nightplus tax. Assistance will cover
half of the room rate. If you are a single adult, are you willing to share a
room with one to three other adults? Yes or No.           If Yes, are there
any habits or health problems that your roommate should know about? Please
explain. Do you have a guide dog? Yes or No.
		Have you made a room reservation? Yes or No?        If Yes,
what name is the reservation listed under?
2.	Food stipend: Yes or No.
		Food allowance is $40 a day per adult and $20 a day per
child.

3.	Transportation: Yes or No.
		If you are driving, NFBO will reimburse 48 cents per mile.
What is the mileage from your home to Independence, Ohio?
		If you have already made transportation arrangements, please
explain what they entail.

4.	Convention Fees: Yes or No.
		Registration and banquet will cost $50.00 per person when
you pre-register. NOTE: pre-registration is now available online at
nfbohio.org and by mail. We urge everyone to save money by pre-registering
before November 1, 2016.

If you are requesting cash assistance in advance, you will have to sign an
expense reimbursement form, which you will receive from President Richard
Payne. Without a signed blank form that we will fill out with the amount of
cash granted, we cannot advance any funds to you. If you are only requesting
help with your hotel room, we will arrange that for you directly with the
hotel.

Please return this completed form and your personal letter of request by
email to rchpay7 at gmail.com or mail to the following address. No faxes will
be accepted.
NFB of Ohio
1019 Wilmington Ave Apt 43
Kettering, OH  45420

Richard Payne
President, National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
blindness is not what holds you back.