[Ohio-talk] I thought this message was positive

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 23:47:59 UTC 2017

It was great getting to come today to the meeting. Unfortunate that we had
to wait until 4 ish for pickup but better than I could have done with CATS
of Greene County. I am going to review all the information on NFB.org and
see what all is going on that I could volunteer to do. I am capable, I am
intelligent, I have some abilities even though not the same ones many people
have....This is how I am trying to re-frame my feelings of uselessnes etc. I
have been doing volunteer work for a hospice where they drop off the work to
me. At the meeting today, I decided it is the right time to become more
involved with NFB. I sent the membership check to Tim so I should soon be a
member again.  I will need one more surgery when I save up enough to do it
(insurance covers none of it) but until I go out of state for that one i am
available and will work hard on the transportation issue. I thought about
trying to go back to work when all my surgeries are successful but I may be
able to be of more use without a full time job.

My son is great when he is available for transportation. He works second
shift in Huber Heights Tuesday thru Saturday.  I am not so good at
communicating verbally but I can write my thoughts and feelings. The hearing
thing combined with vision makes me afraid I will talk over people or not
hear them well enough. I am interested in the activity in Columbus where
thus far you have limited volunteers. Tell me what I can do to help. I am
gonna try for transport next month to the Spaghetti dinner.

Sorry, I talk way too much.......I am interested in advocating for more
services for us as a group. As a social worker, it is what I have done for
years.  I have been busy writing letters to Congress and Senators requesting
assistance for surgical coverage for the millions of women who suffer from
Lipedema without benefit of assistance from most insurance companies.

Sharon Dodds