[Ohio-talk] Braille Transcription Job Announcement

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 18 07:24:40 UTC 2017

Milena Zavoli

Greetings Friends,

I found this item on the NFB Jobs List, and I thought I would pass this announcement along:
Milena

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 00:52:09 -0500
From: David Andrews <
dandrews at visi.com>

To:
jobs at nfbnet.org

Subject: [Jobs] Career opportunity Braille Transcriber Ohio State
auto-000080562046 at mailfront2.g2host.com>

Greetings, everyone,
Ohio State's accessibility teams would like to publicize this career
opportunity with our Disability Services office. We would really
appreciate you distributing this to your networks of qualified candidates.
I apologize if you receive this message multiple times due to crosss-posting.
Job Title: Braille Transcriber
Position Summary:
Student Life Disability Services is a department that provides
academic support services for OSU students with disabilities. The
Braille Transcriber is
responsible for producing, coordinating, and delivering appropriate
braille and tactile image services; transcribes and embosses a broad
range of course
materials (e.g. textbooks, notes, slides, homework, articles, exams)
into Literary and Mathematics Braille, as well as produce associated
tactile images;
provides training/information and direction to student employees,
production staff and additional service providers; self-directs in
terms of time management,
prioritization of work duties and appropriate responses to
constantly evolving concerns and situations, and exhibits great
attention to detail; keeps current
with all new changes and developments in the field of higher
education as applicable to functions assigned, with an emphasis in
braille and tactile image
production.
For full posting details and the online application visit the
following URL:

https://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/78082
https://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/78
082

 The Ohio State University

Peter Bossley
Director, Digital Accessibility Center
ADA Coordinator's Office | Office of University Compliance and Integrity
Student Life Disability Services
098 Baker Hall, 113 W. 12th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-1760 Office

bossley.5 at osu.edu
bossley.5 at osu.edu

http://accessibility.osu.edu/