[Ohio-talk] reminder and request to get involved

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 09:17:06 UTC 2017

Greetings, This is Richard Payne president of the National federation of the
Blind of Ohio. We  need your help to find volunteers for this event. Would
you be able to put this word out? I just got the information that we are
lacking the correct amount of volunteers. Thanks in advance.

I know that the previous message seem to go out to people not on this list,
But we have several people in that area who have not decided to take part.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in joining the National Federation of the Blind
of Ohio in participating in the Flying Pig BLT Station. Our task is to line
up at the Mile 9 mark on Madison Road, and hand out Puffs Tissues to the
Flying Pig Half-Marathon runners and cheer them on, as they go by. We had a
lot of fun last year, and the runners were very happy to see us, and very
appreciative of the tissues! This is a great way for all of us to do
something great for the community and to help us promote the NFB brand.

Here are the instructions to register as a volunteer:

1)    Follow the direct link to our online volunteer registration site:
<http://volunteer.getmeregistered.com/events/open_opportunities.php?id=268>
http://volunteer.getmeregistered.com/events/open_opportunities.php?id=268

2) Find and select  National Federation of the Blind of Ohio    from the
Group list

3) Complete Required Volunteer Information

4) Use blt (all lower case) as the group password when asked near the end of
the form.

5) Click "Get Me Registered" to submit your information

Best Regards,

Richard  Payne,  President

blindness is not what holds you back.