[Ohio-talk] There's going to be a Solar Eclipse!

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 19:03:53 UTC 2017

  Hello Federation! On Monday August 21 there will be a total solar
eclipse! Below I have pasted information from the Senior Division
about ways we can experience this phenomenal event!

methods for getting in on the ECLIPES(1) The Eclipse Soundscapes app
for iOs devices is perhaps the most revolutionary, since this offers
the user a chance
to experience this event through vibrational touch on the screen as
well as through sound.  A special app, available through iTunes, uses
an interactive
rumble map customized tithe viewer's location.  The Soundscapes app
will geolocate you and start the narration to align with the planetary
movements as
they occur from your local vantage point. The specialized imaging
description techniques making this possible were developed by the
National Center for Accessible
Media (NCAM), a part of television station WGBH of Boston,
Massachusetts. .  Other partners in the Eclipse Soundscapes project
are the Smithsonian Astrophysical
Observatory (H.E.C.) and the National Park Service.  Downloadthe app from
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eclipse-soundscapes/id1262152991?mt=8.
I am not aware that this app is available for Android devices. (2)  If
you have a way to get to Facebook, tune in Monday beginning12:00 PM
EDT as the Harvard-Smithsonian
Center for Astrophysics and solar astrophysicist Henry "Trae" Winter
put on a special, pre-eclipse live event geared with the blind and
visually impaired
in mind. Follow this project on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/EclipseSoundSAO/.
(3)  The ACB Radio Interactive Channel will be offering narration of
the solar eclipse.  Go to
http://www.acbradio.org/interactive.
 The AudioDescription Project, an initiative of the American Council
of the Blind (ACB) along with the Mid-Tennessee Council of the Blind,
the Tennessee School
for the Blind, and the Tennessee Performing Arts Center, will hostthis
audio description of the solar eclipse. Between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM
EDT, Dr. Joel
Snyder will host an event titled, “A Total Eclipse - Audio Described,"
on ACB Radio Interactive. Happy listening. ---------- Forwarded
message ----------From: Milt
Taylor <milt2533 at gmail.com>To: NFB Senior Division list
<nfb-seniors at nfbnet.org>Cc: Bcc: Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 10:43:26
-0600Subject: Re: [Nfb-seniors]
Experiencing the Solar Eclipse Thanks so very much for sending out
this message. This looks to be a pretty cool app.Milt - Sent from my
iPhone> On Aug 18,
2017, at 8:44 AM, Robert Leslie Newman via NFB-Seniors <
nfb-seniors at nfbnet.org>
wrote:>> Here are some methods for getting in on the ECLIPES>>>>>> (1)
The Eclipse Soundscapes app for iOs devices is perhaps the most>
revolutionary,
since this offers the user a chance to experience this event> through
vibrational touch on the screen as well as through sound.  A special>
app, available
through iTunes, uses an interactive rumble map customized to> the
viewer's location.  The Soundscapes app will geolocate you and start
the> narration to
Align with the planetary movements as they occur from your> local
vantage point. The specialized imaging description techniques making>
this possible were
developed by the National Center for Accessible Media> (NCAM), a part
of television station WGBH of Boston, Massachusetts. .  Other>
partners in the Eclipse
Soundscapes project are the Smithsonian> Astrophysical Observatory
(H.E.C.) and the National Park Service.  Download> the app from>
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eclipse-soundscapes/id1262152991?mt=8.
>> I am not aware that this app is available for Android devices.>>>> (2)  If you have a way to get to Facebook,  tune in Monday beginning>> 12:00 PM EDT
as the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and solar>
astrophysicist Henry "Trae" Winter put on a special, pre-eclipse live
event> geared with
the blind and visually impaired in mind. >> Follow this project on
Facebook at>>
https://www.facebook.com/EclipseSoundSAO/.
http://www.acbradio.org/interactive.
 The Audio> Description Project, an initiative of the American Council
of the Blind> (ACB) along with the Mid-Tennessee Council of the Blind,
the Tennessee>
School for the Blind, and the Tennessee Performing Arts Center, will
host> this audio description of the solar eclipse. >> Between 2:00 PM
and 3:00 PM EDT,
Dr. Joel Snyder will host an event titled,> "A Total Eclipse - Audio
Described," on ACB Radio Interactive. >>>> Happy listening. >>
NFB-Seniors :>
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-seniors_nfbnet.org/milt2533%40gmail.com----------
Forwarded message ----------From: Cindy Ray <cindyray at gmail.com>To:
"'NFB Senior Division list'" <nfb-seniors at nfbnet.org>Cc: Bcc: Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2017
11:51:43 -0500Subject: Re: [Nfb-seniors] Experiencing the Solar
Eclipse have explored the app, and I'm looking forward to trying to
use it. Blind abilities
has more information about it. I got that app from the appstore, too.
Cindy-----Original Message-----From: NFB-Seniors [mailto:
nfb-seniors-bounces at nfbnet.org]
On Behalf Of Milt Taylor via NFB-Seniors Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017
11:43 AM To: NFB Senior Division list <
nfb-seniors at nfbnet.org>

--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human
life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will
never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood