[Ohio-talk] Chapter update from Cincinnati

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 4 02:17:18 UTC 2017

Hello NFB Ohio,
Yesterday, the Cincinnati chapter held elections, and this message is to
bring you news of the new leadership roster here in the Queen City.
First, a word about incumbents staying or moving on.
As president for the last four years, it was time for me to rearrange
commitments.
While I was physically absent for several months this year, in hospitals,
rehab centers, and recovering in Florida, my Vice President, Lisa Hall ably
presided over meetings and carried the chapter forward.  (Happy birthday, by
the way, Lisa!)
It has been wonderful being back at the helm since Labor Day, but time for
me to better manage time and commitments. I have cut back somewhat on my
teaching load, but am up to working 40 to 50 hours per week, juggling a list
of writing contracts and my work with the National Library Service. I will,
of course, continue working to support the Federation in every way possible,
but not, for now,  in an official capacity.
Two of our incumbent board members, David Perry and Kim McEachirn have also
stepped down for personal reasons. Thank you, David, Kim, Lisa, and to all
for your service.

Our new slate of officers and board members, each of whom will assume duties
in January 2018,  is as follows:
President: Sheri Albers
Vice president: Deanna Lewis
Treasurer: Emily Pennington
Secretary:, Christopher Sabine
Board members: Paul Jordan, Annie McEachirn Carson, Paul Dressell.

Congratulations all!

Best,
Deborah