[Ohio-talk] Chapter update from Cincinnati

Wanda Sloan wsloan118 at roadrunner.com
Mon Dec 4 03:26:17 UTC 2017

Congratulations to one and all.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk [mailto:ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Deborah
Kendrick via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:17 PM
To: ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Deborah Kendrick <dkkendrick at earthlink.net>; cinci-nfb at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Ohio-talk] Chapter update from Cincinnati

Hello NFB Ohio,
Yesterday, the Cincinnati chapter held elections, and this message is to
bring you news of the new leadership roster here in the Queen City.
First, a word about incumbents staying or moving on.
As president for the last four years, it was time for me to rearrange
commitments.
While I was physically absent for several months this year, in hospitals,
rehab centers, and recovering in Florida, my Vice President, Lisa Hall ably
presided over meetings and carried the chapter forward.  (Happy birthday, by
the way, Lisa!) It has been wonderful being back at the helm since Labor
Day, but time for me to better manage time and commitments. I have cut back
somewhat on my teaching load, but am up to working 40 to 50 hours per week,
juggling a list of writing contracts and my work with the National Library
Service. I will, of course, continue working to support the Federation in
every way possible, but not, for now,  in an official capacity.
Two of our incumbent board members, David Perry and Kim McEachirn have also
stepped down for personal reasons. Thank you, David, Kim, Lisa, and to all
for your service.

Our new slate of officers and board members, each of whom will assume duties
in January 2018,  is as follows:
President: Sheri Albers
Vice president: Deanna Lewis
Treasurer: Emily Pennington
Secretary:, Christopher Sabine
Board members: Paul Jordan, Annie McEachirn Carson, Paul Dressell.

Congratulations all!

Best,
Deborah