[Ohio-talk] Proofreading Messages

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 14:49:39 UTC 2017

Hello everyone!

At times, I read messages from people which are difficult to understand
either due to dictation issues or just not putting the time in to proofread
messages before they are sent.  I'm not one to push for creating rules or
anything, but can we please try to proofread our messages before sending
them out?  It's another one of those issues where, if we want to be taken
seriously as blind people, we can't be sending out messages that make us
look like we can't spell.  Furthermore, it takes me more time to read the
message than it should because I have to decrypt the errors.  I understand
that this is an informal mailing list but for the sake of our sanity, please
take a minute or two to review your message before hitting that send button.

Thanks,
Robby

--
Robert Spangler
Secretary, Miami Valley Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Spangler.robert at gmail.com