[Ohio-talk] Public Square Update

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Thu Feb 16 19:04:19 UTC 2017

Greetings Friends,

Today I spoke with Beth from the Mayor's Office.  She tells me that the reason for not opening up Public Square to buses is not because businesses are against it.  It's because Mayor Jackson is concerned about keeping pedestrians safe from buses traveling through that area.  Mayor Jackson spoke to the Cleveland Board of Directors, and I was told that they're on the same page.  I don't agree, but I am just one person.  We need to express our displeasure at the closing of Public Square.  I'm sure the mayor is aware that he is failing to comply with the agreement from FTA that states that at least $12 million will need to be paid back.

If you want to voice your opinion, call the Mayor's Action Center at (216) 664-2900 or e-mail the office at
communications at city.cleveland.oh.us

I am in the process of getting a representative from the Mayor's Office to come to our meeting.  If necessary to have an impromptu meeting, how many of you would be willing to show up so I don't embarrass myself presenting the speaker with an empty room?

Anyway, we have until February 21st to respond, and Mayor Jackson also has the same deadline to provide the public with an answer.

More to follow.

Milena