[Ohio-talk] Louis Braille

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:27:33 UTC 2017

I have a somewhat humorous story about braille.
When I first started my job, I was making cold calls trying to
identify a need for businesses to purchase forklifts.  Most of
the brands are easy to remember, but there is one brand name,
Jungheinrich, that is very difficult to spell.  One day when I
was logging my call notes, I had to call my supervisor and ask
her how to spell Jungheinrich.  She told me, but it was really
embarrassing not being able to spell something that I talked
about on a daily basis.  This was before I got my braille
display.  Once I got my braille display, I learned pretty quickly
how to spell Jungheinrich and now I use braille on the job every
day, from reading my email to performing my data entry work.  If
I did not know braille and been fortunate enough to get a braille
display, I might not be in the position I am today.