[Ohio-talk] Wanted to share some awesome news!!!

Owen McCafferty ojmccaf1963 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 14:55:03 UTC 2017

 blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } To everyone from Ohio Chat I wanted to thank you for all your help and support with supporting my artwork! Although due to technical difficulties I was able to participate in the online panel review but thanks to Erin Hope from VSA Ohio I received very positive and encouraging news!! I wanted to share the notes that she emailed and what was discussed and once again thanks for the support!

Owen

Hi Owen,
Per your request..
Below are the notes taken during the panelist review of your Ohio Arts Council ADAP grant application.
You will receive notice from the OAC within 7 days about the outcome of funding.
Have a nice day!Erin

Owen McCafferty | 171626 - Making and Promoting My Art

   - artist has developed a unique style and textural niche to his work, which is appealing

   - effort to develop style for visually impaired is commendable

   - very passionate about his work and this come through in his application

   - very committed to promoting and advancing his work

   - work is well publicized, shows lots of energy in promotion of work

   - High level of enthusiasm for his work

   - has a lot of energy and enthusiasm for what he is doing

   - would have liked more detail about particular supplies he plans to purchase

   - large amount that he is asking for a year's worth of supplies

   - could have allocated more funding on printed media

   - like to have seen more detail on the supplies he'll purchase given the grant request

   - like to see him spend more money on printed media and marketing

   - Work samples are great, enjoyable and overall, shows a lot of potential

   - ability has improved over time, and his commitment to continuing improvement is good

   - Good community engagement. Strong associations to organizations that reach blind population and nice that he donates work to the organizations that support him

   - could talk more about defining/measuring success

   - could benefit from having a work plan or business plan that is around exhibition showings or reach out for a mentorship role to help create timeline of priorities to take steps towards the goals outlined (prioritize those goals)

   - exciting goals

   - artist could benefit could benefit from a work plan to establish a mentorship at a gallery

   - artist could benefit from a work plan or business

--
Erin J. Hoppe, MA, CTA
Executive DirectorVSA Ohiowww.vsao.orgehoppe at vsao.org614.241.532577 S. High Street, 2nd Floor