[Ohio-talk] let's go build the federation

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:43:20 UTC 2017

How to Join

Becoming a member of the National Federation of the Blind is easy to do and
can be done in a variety of ways.  Membership in the NFB is extremely
rewarding because it opens up a network of unparalleled support, friendship,
and resources. Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform
dreams into reality.

Become a member through your local chapter or division

The best way to join is by attending a chapter or division meeting in your
local area.  Generally, you simply submit your contact details and pay the
annual membership dues of that chapter or division. Membership in a chapter
or division also makes you a member of the national body of the NFB.  By
becoming an active member of the NFB family, the newly blind or uninformed
blind person will gain self-confidence and self-esteem and learn ways to
overcome problems that may arise.  Cultivating relationships, gaining access
to local information, and learning from blind people in your area are just a
few of the benefits of joining at this level.

For chapter and division contact information, meeting times, and resources
in your area, go to either State and Local Organizations
<https://nfb.org/state-and-local-organizations>  or Divisions and Committees
<https://nfb.org/divisions-and-committees> .

Become a member through an affiliate

"Member-At-Large" of an affiliate

The National Federation of the Blind has an affiliate in all 50 states,
along with the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Most of these
affiliates allow people to become members-at-large of the affiliate.  This
is done mostly in cases when people live in areas that do not have local
chapters or divisions.  As in membership through a chapter or division,
membership-at-large of an affiliate is also, by virtue of a person's
membership in the affiliate, a member of the national organization.  By
becoming a member-at-large of an affiliate, a person can gain access to
statewide NFB affiliate events and the network of friendship and support
available in her or his state.

For affiliate contact information, meeting times, and resources in your
area, go to State and Local Organizations
<https://nfb.org/state-and-local-organizations> .

Become a member through the National headquarters

"Member-At-Large"

Interested people are encouraged to join the National Federation of the
Blind.  You can help us in our work by becoming a member-at-large.  To
become a member-at-large
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=2> fill out this
online form with your contact details and provide a form of payment for
annual membership dues.  You can also use this
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/documents/word/member-at-large-form.doc>
Member-At-Large Form (Word Doc) and mail your information and payment to us.

To ask questions or obtain more information, please email us at
JerniganInstitute at nfb.org <mailto:JerniganInstitute at nfb.org>  or call
410-659-9314 ext. 2357.

No matter how you become a member of the National Federation of the Blind,
we encourage you to join our growing family!  It will change your life for
the better.