[Ohio-talk] editing on orbit

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 13 03:13:23 UTC 2017

P.S.  One important caveat that I most definitely do remember is that it
only display what you put into it.  It has no built-in translator.  That
actually should not pose a problem for mose purposes.  If you download a
book from BARD, for example that is already a braille file, that is what you
will see on the Orbibt.  It will be in the old EBAE or the new UEB, but you
cannot alter it.
Similarly, if you load an rtf file that has been given you by a sighted
person, it will be letter for letter, not translated.  Think of it as a kind
of additional window minus the fancy translators that the far more expensive
units have.  That said, you can do what they call wquic and dirty braille
and translate files yourself with free software.
Deborah