[Ohio-talk] Could someone please advise me the best way to move to a new area if your blind.

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 19:02:41 UTC 2017

Hi Vincent, glad to know you'll be back in Cleveland!

I have found that a great move begins with lots of organization:

 If you are pleased with your present location, management... talk to
them before giving your notice. Many management companies have several
properties or may know of other properties that are comparable to
where you are living now.

 Decide on a neighborhood and find people you trust, that live there
to give you good information.
Some real estate companies will find you a rental. There are new
residential buildings being built all over the city, especially
University Circle.

 Make sure that the places that are important to you are within a
reasonable distance. Shopping, cleaners, restaurants, entertainment,
worship....

 Packing and the acctuall move. Do not skimp on this! Downsize before
the move! Storage costs a fortune! Use sturdy boxes, containers, do
notmake them heavier than you can lift alone. Label them so you can
identify them the day after you are installed into your new location.
This is also a great time to label all that stuff that you rely on
sighted people to identify, lol!
Use a reputable mover, such as 2 Men and a Truck. Make sure they are
bonded and get a contract.

I hope this helps you a little. We are here if you need more, lol!
Cheryl Fields Happy Moving!

--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human
life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will
never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood