[Ohio-talk] Susan Turner

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 20:45:13 UTC 2017

All,

As you know, I organized and facilitated the first NFB Job Fair, that was
started at the NFB National Convention.  Since that time, the Job Fair has
grown and again we are looking forward to over 30 employers joining us in
Orlando Florida in July.  The added great news is that the Job Fair is for
any blind person who is seeking employment.  You do not have to be a member
of the NFB to attend and apply.

Today, I once again would like to share information with you.  The NFB
Employment Committee has a Listserve that posts job opportunities each and
every day.  There is information on the site as well to teach, enlighten and
offer support to you while seeking employment.  The link is below.  You can
join, receive updated job postings throughout the United States.

If you have any concerns, questions, and or suggestions, let me know.  Dick
Davis is the National Employment Chair.  If I can not answer your questions,
I will consult him!

Finally, the Employment Committee has organized a dining experience in Café
Osceola that will give you tips on “what and what not to do” during a
business meeting.  Everyone is responsible for their meals.  However, it
will be an exciting teaching opportunity that you do not want to miss.
There will be presenters and facilitators who will instruct while you
partake delicious  food prepared by the restaurant.  However, all must RSVP
and the spaces are limited.  You should look out for that announcement on
the Job Listserve as well.  Do not forget, the link for joining the Job
Listserve is below.

Finally, here is the schedule for the Employment Committee’s events.

Job Seeker Seminar, 7/10, 12:30-4:00P, Sebastian I-2
Job Fair, 7/11, 9:30-11:30A, Panzacola F-3 & F-4
Employment Committee, 7/13, 7:00-9:00P, Wekiwa 10
Upward Mobility Seminar, 7/14, 7:00-9:30P, Wekiwa 4

I hope to see you all in one or more sessions!

Suzanne Turner, NFB Employment Committee Member

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Jobs:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/jobs_nfbnet.org/ddavis%40blindinc.org

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Jobs:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/jobs_nfbnet.org/smturner.234%40gmail.com