[Ohio-talk] Resume Doctor

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 01:39:56 UTC 2017

Suzanne Turner has shared a OneDrive for Business file with you. To view it,
click the link below.

resumeDoctors.docx <http://employment.nfb.org/resumeDoctors.docx>

All,

Please spread the word.

Attached is a pre-registration form if you would like the Resume Doctor to
review your resume for the Job Fair.  The form and the resume are to be sent
to me.  The below information is for your review, understanding and
consideration.  There are two P.H.D scholars who are employment experts that
will assist you with the process.  You can go to the below website or
complete the attached form with resume and email or send in the mail.  In
order to get this curtesy, you must pre-register for the Job Fair.

Good luck and please review the web below.  Do not forget to join the
Employment Committee Listserve.

Suzanne

WELCOME TO THE EMPLOYMENT COMMITTEE'S CONVENTION PAGE

Find Information, schedules, documentation, for upcoming and past
conventions, plus other events

  _____

2017 Convention Employment Committee Events:

The 2017 convention of the National Federation of the Blind will take place
in Orlando, Florida, July 10 to July 15, at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort,
9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32819-9357.

First Event- Job Seeker Seminar
Monday July 10
12:30-4:00 P.M.
Sebastian I-2

Second Event- National Job Fair
Tuesday July 11
9:30-11:30 a.m.
Panzacola Ballroom F3 and F4

*  Read or Download the
<http://employment.nfb.org/2017%20Employer%20List.docx> 2017 List of
Employers

For Job Fair Pre-registrants Only!

The Resume Doctors will give your resume a free checkup and prescribe
treatment for resume problems. Jeanette McAllister, Ph.D. (Dr. J) and Brian
Dulude, Ph.D. (Dr. B) can make your resume strong and healthy! Dr. J has
years of experience as a headhunter, finding employees for employers. Dr. B
has years of experience as a rehab counselor and supervisor helping blind
people get jobs. Send your resume to Dr. J at
Jeanette at mcallisterenterprisesusa.com or to Dr. B at bdulude at blindinc.org
(not both - take your pick!) This service is for Job Fair Pre-registrants
only, as the Dr.’s time is limited.

*  Download the application to get your resume doctored, by our committee's
resume doctors! <http://employment.nfb.org/resumeDoctors.docx>

Third Event- The NFB Employment Committee Meeting
Thursday July 13
7:00-9:00 P.M.
Wekiwa 10

Fourth Event- The Upward Mobility Seminar
Friday July 14
7:00-9:30 P.M.
Wekiwa 4

Past Conventions

*         2016 National convention - Job Seeker Agenda, Job Fair, and
employment Committee Meeting

July 5th, JOB SEEKER SEMINAR - Orlando, Florida:

Download the 2016 Job Seeker Seminar Agenda.
<http://employment.nfb.org/2016%20Job%20Seeker%20Seminar%20Agenda.docz>

July 5th, JOB FAIR:
We had 23 employers; again, we had more employers than we had in past years.

Download a List of All 2016 Job Fair employers
<http://employment.nfb.org/2016%20NFB%20Job%20Fair.doc>

July 8th, EMPLOYMENT COMMITTEE MEETING:
Learn about training and other resources that can help you with job search
and employment. Job Exchange: looking for a job, bring your résumé; looking
for someone to hire, bring your job(s). What can the Committee do to
increase the employment of blind people? Bring ideas.

*         2015 National convention - Job Seeker Agenda, Job Fair, and
employment Committee Meeting

July 5th, JOB SEEKER SEMINAR - Orlando, Florida:
Presentations On: Overcoming Paralysis in your Job Search; People Hire
People; Career Challenges for the International Student; Project Starfish;
The Hospitality Profession; The Employment Committee’s Resources for the Job
Seeker; Followed Up With - Breakout/Networking Session With Presenters.

Download the 2015 Job Seeker Seminar Agenda.
<http://employment.nfb.org/2015%20Job%20Seeker%20Seminar%20Agenda.docz>

View a YouTube video of this year's job seeker's seminar. (We thank Nelson
Echevarria for filming our event!) <https://youtu.be/btsPqEfEDwc>

July 5th, JOB FAIR:
We had 32 employers; again, we had more employers than we had in past years.

Download a List of All 2015 Job Fair employers
<http://employment.nfb.org/2015%20NFB%20Job%20Fair.doc>

July 8th, EMPLOYMENT COMMITTEE MEETING:
Learn about training and other resources that can help you with job search
and employment. Job Exchange: looking for a job, bring your résumé; looking
for someone to hire, bring your job(s). What can the Committee do to
increase the employment of blind people? Bring ideas.

*         center">2014 National convention - Job Seeker Agenda, Job Fair,
employment Committee Meeting, and Handouts

July 1st, JOB SEEKER SEMINAR - Orlando, Florida:
Learn the skills, low tech and high tech, that you need to get a job.
Experts from NFB training centers, state and private agencies, and employers
give you the skills and inspiration you need.

Download the 2014 Job Seeker Seminar Agenda.
<http://employment.nfb.org/2014%20Job%20Seeker%20Seminar%20Agenda.doc>

July 1st, JOB FAIR:
We had twenty-four employers; twice as many than we had last year.

Download How Job Fairs Work - a guide to doing well at a Job Fair.
<http://employment.nfb.org/How%20Job%20Fairs%20Work.doc>
Download a List of All 2014 Job Fair employers
<http://employment.nfb.org/2014%20NFB%20Job%20Fair.doc>

July 4th, EMPLOYMENT COMMITTEE MEETING:
Learn about training and other resources that can help you with job search
and employment. Job Exchange: looking for a job, bring your résumé; looking
for someone to hire, bring your job(s). What can the Committee do to
increase the employment of blind people? Bring ideas.

*         center">2013 National convention - Job Seeker Agenda, Job Fair,
and employment Committee Meeting

July 1st, JOB SEEKER SEMINAR - Orlando, Florida:
Do you want a job? Learn the skills, low tech and high tech, that you need
to get one. Monster.com shows you how to apply for jobs online. Experts from
NFB training centers, state and private agencies, and others give you the
skills and inspiration you need.

Download the 2013 Job Seeker Seminar Agenda.
<http://employment.nfb.org/2013%20Job%20Seeker%20Seminar%20agenda.doc>

July 1st, JOB FAIR:
We had 12 employers; watch for next year, we plan to have even more.

Download a List of All 2013 Job Fair employers
<http://employment.nfb.org/2013%20NFB%20Job%20Fair.doc>

  _____

Back to Home Pag <http://employment.nfb.org/index.html>