[Ohio-talk] ONLINE SHOPPING WITH ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY--OPPORTUNITY HAS PASSED

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Fri May 26 23:56:56 UTC 2017

Greetings Friends,

The Andrew Heiskill Library for the Blind in New York City holds periodic technology workshops throughout the year.  I subscribe to the New York list serv, which, among other information, carries announcements about activities at the library. Whenever I see an announcement of interest, I pass it on to this list.

I understand that a few of you expressed a recent interest in the announcement I posted on March 23rd concerning the online shopping assistive technology workshop from the Andrew Heiskill Library.  That is no longer available, but might be repeated at a later date.  Additionally, I understand that we are all technology thirsty here in Ohio due to lack of training and available resources, and we need our very own technology division to conduct its teleconference calls and workshops.  The Cuyahoga Library offers very limited one-on-one training on a need-to-know basis, namely, opening an e-mail account or learning a few MSWord commands.  We need more in-depth training, tips and tricks to be computer savvy, something blindness agencies are not willing to provide.  Actually, we shouldn't have to go to BSVI or similar agencies each time we want to bone up on a particular computer subject.  Let's get on the ball and have our brightest and savviest computer geeks help us out a little.

In the meantime, I will keep you abreast of new announcements from the Andrew Heiskill Library as they appear.  Please note that to access the workshops, you need to sign up with Google Hangouts

https://hangouts.google.com/

All the Best,

Milena