[Ohio-talk] 2018 committees

rchpay7 at gmail.com rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 01:46:13 UTC 2017

                I am pasting  the 2018 committee appointments below.

I will be glad to answer questions if they are needed but not on the list.
Please feel free to email me directly especially if you are an member of the
board of directors. Please let me know which committees you would like to
serve on by December  01.

If you want to chair a committee let me know that as well. I will take that
under  consideration.

Also you will not be put on the committee just because you desire.   Just
because you were the chair previously or on a  particular committee this
year that will not confirm your being on the new committee.            If
you believe you should chair a committee let me know in detail why.

Do not assume anything. Right now this list is blank.

2018 NFB of Ohio Committee Descriptions

AWARDS COMMITTEE

                Charge: To oversee the awards process, to provide
information and feedback when necessary, and to make reasonable judgments
about NFBO awards.

Bell academy

Charge: To  organize the bell program and plan efficient  ways to promote
and execute  this very important academy. The members of this committee will
be screened because of the type of program it is which  is dealing directly
with kids.

CONSTITUTION COMMITTEE

                Charge: To make sure that all NFBO constitutions are in
compliance with the state and national constitutions, both philosophically
and rhetorically.

CONVENTION planning committee

                Charge: To assist and advise the president in the planning
and functioning of our state convention and to provide additional assistance
in planning and executing affiliate activities at national conventions.

EDUCATION COMMITTEE

                Charge: To advise the president about policies, legislation,
strategies, and initiatives in which the National Federation of the Blind of
Ohio should be engaged to improve educational opportunities for blind youth
throughout the state.

FINANCING THE MOVEMENT COMMITTEE  (SUN coordinator, Jernigan Fund
coordinator, PAC coordinator)

                Charge: To make members aware of these specific
organizational fundraising opportunities and to implement strategies to
increase participation threw out the year.

FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE

                Charge: To investigate additional opportunities to increase
NFB-O resources and to implement effective fundraising strategies and
programming.

LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE

               Charge: To increase the organization's visibility and
effectiveness in the state legislature and to continue to support our
efforts in Washington throughout the year.

MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE

                Charge: To implement effective strategies to recruit and
retain members and   to reinvigorate the chapters and divisions of the NFB
of Ohio.

PROMOTION AND PUBLICITY COMMITTEE

                Charge: To promote and publicize  the programs  and events
of the NFB of Ohio and to acquire as much positive publicity as possible for
such activities.

RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE

                Charge: To oversee the submission process and to write and
distribute clearly articulated and philosophically sound resolutions.

SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE

                Charge: To conduct the affiliate scholarship program and to
develop and implement effective strategies to increase the visibility of the
program and increase participation.

Web site and NEWSLINE committee

Charge: To  assist the president with  updating    the content on the web
page and Newsline including advertising and promoting. The members who
desire to be a  part of this committee must be very good computer users.

Vehicle donation

Charge: To  get more cars donated from Ohio

Richard Payne,  President

937-396-5573or 937/829/3368

Rchpay7 at gmail.com

blindness is not what holds you back