[Ohio-talk] New York State At-Large Call-In Chapter Meeting

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Sun Nov 19 02:13:11 UTC 2017

Greetings Friends,
 As you know, The New York State affiliate was where I originally became a member of the NFB.  I keep in touch with them periodically and share information, which I think will be of interest to at least some of you.  To that end, I would like to inform you about the next New York State At-Large chapter meeting because I think it's important to know what's going on in other states.  Perhaps we can learn about each other's affiliate and share ideas for improvement and greater success.  Additionally, the Chapter will have a speaker from the Georgia affiliate, who sounds quite accomplished in her Federation endeavors.  Please read on for more details.

Milena

"The next meeting of the NFB of New York At-Large Chapter will be held Tuesday, November 21, 2017, at 9:00 P.M.  As usual our monthly chapter meeting will take
place via telephone conference call.  The call-in information is as follows:

 Call-In Number:  218-339-4932
 Conference Code:  77741

 This month we are pleased to have a presentation from Jackie Anderson. Among her many accomplishments, Ms. Anderson was a driving force behind the development of the Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning (BELL) Academy in the state of Maryland in 2008.  Ms. Anderson is also a 2017 NFB National Scholarship Winner. She is a teacher in the Cobb County, Georgia  School System and has been an active member of the Georgia Organization of Parents of Blind Children. As a fellow Federationist, a teacher and a parent, she has a wealth of information to share with us.

In order to be sure Ms. Anderson covers topics that are of particular interest to our chapter, she has asked that questions be provided to her in advance. Please send any questions you would especially like her to answer to At-Large ChapterPresident
Mary Lou Mendez at successwithoutseeing at gmail.com

so she can pass them along before the meeting.

Finally, following the state convention, the At-Large Chapter hopes to be an official chapter of the NFB of New York.  Becoming an official chapter is exciting and brings with it both many opportunities and greater responsibilities.   It will take as many of us as possible to make this a great chapter, so if you know
others who are blind, or who are parents of blind children, or who might otherwise benefit from being associated with an organization of the blind, please invited them to join our chapter conference call to see what the group is about.

 We look forward to you joining us for the November 21, 2017, chapter meeting.

Todd Elzey,
Secretary-Treasurer
NFB of New York At-Large Chapter"

expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between
blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not
what holds you back

 where I started my
Milena Zavoli