[Ohio-talk] Refreshable Braille NFB Resolution being

barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 19:55:18 UTC 2017

I am joining this thread late because of being out of town. The digital machines were announced for 2008. this was Moore’s law at work, and it just took that long to get the research done, to bring the costs down, and to solve the other problems. Given that  2008 was the date, the fact that it was 2009 or 10 before the machines were available was not too bad an overrun in my view. The Orbit is much closer to development now than the digital machine ws when we began talking about it. I don’t know if it is the only low-cost display being developed. But it is close now, so it is not going to be too long till we could use the machines if they were paid for by Congress.
Barbara Pierce
President Emerita
Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com