[Ohio-talk] FYI: Red Roof Contact Center Hiring Again

Wes Derby ufofanatic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 13:43:18 UTC 2018

Wonderful. Unless they’ve change things in the last year and a half since I left reservations and moved onto another department, I believe starting pay is $10 per hour. They generally have in house and at home positions, though I have been told that all blind and visually impaired workers do work from home by default once training is successfully completed. You will need to make sure you have high-speed Internet, and can be plugged directly into your modem. They will not let you use Wi-Fi. Training last for about a month, and is held in Springfield.

For those who need lodging, in the past, I believe either OOD or goodwill/Easter Seals of Miami Valley has paid for trainees to have rooms at the local red roof inn Springfield.

Again, not even sure the organizations are in the loop on this as the email only came out last Wednesday. But, I figured it couldn’t hurt to put it out here to everyone in case any of you are interested in applying. There’s also a referral program… If someone you refer stays successfully employed for six months, you can receive a $250 bonus. So, if anyone from this group does apply, please get in touch with me off list, so we can arrange for me to get the necessary information to fill out the referral paperwork.

The email we received did not state the application deadline or the next start date for a training class. Usually, that all depends on how many qualified applicants they get. Usually, there will be one interview by phone, and then an in person interview. So, if you live outside the Springfield area, you may need to arrange transportation to the in person interview with your OOD counselor, or through whatever other means necessary.

Good luck to all who apply.

---
Looking to book your next trip? Visit  http://wesleyderby.inteletravel.com for all your travel needs. Flights, cars, hotels, cruises, and more!
Visit http://wesderby.net for archives of my radio show, CD reviews, and more!