[Ohio-talk] Parental rights bill

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 12:54:08 UTC 2018

I sent this message out yesterday, but it did not reach the list so here it
is again.
Hello Ohio to day I called off work and took the bus early this morning to
testify about the importance of our bill HB 309. I think Heather for
testifying also and Mike and Shelbi for the great support as a team. Suzanne
Sherri and Barba sent in written testimony we should have done better but to
those who did the work thanks and keep it up.  The powers were listening and
even told us a story about walking with blind people in a cane walk. This
bill will gain even more support and I am encouraged even more knowing that
our voices are being heard.

The other great news is by coincidence we were able to hear the conformation
of the governor's appointment of Dr. Peters to the civil rights commission.
We should be very proud that she  received this job. I am encouraged to know
that a blind person got this chance and it is my pleasure to get to know her
and to continue to work with such a wonderful person.

We also learned to day that a bill is circulating around the state that is
very similar to HR. 620 in the federal legislation. Sherri and the
legislative team will be reviewing this bill and we will need quick action
from you to kill this bill.

I regret that due to lack of strong volunteers this year we had to postpone
the BELL program for this year and it was one of the hardest decisions that
I have made while being your president. We will build a better and stronger
program but will ask that when you are asked to volunteer you do so. To the
handful of team leaders that have volunteered for several years you have
done a great job and was ready this year so get your rest and let's look
forward to next year.

I hope you are making your arrangements for the national convention and I
look to see you in Orlando.

My phone always rings for you and this email address is open to receive your
questions and help. Thanks for what you do to build the federation.

Richard Payne,  President
937-396-5573or 937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>
blindness is not what holds you back