[Ohio-talk] Cancellation of Station at Flying Pig

nmpbrat at aol.com nmpbrat at aol.com
Sun Apr 28 22:42:07 UTC 2019

All,I have not participated in this event....as Colleen stated, it is cost prohibitive for me to do so.  I am also not familiar with what all the affiliate has tried in terms of fundraising.  I can only go off of what I know based upon other groups I have belonged to or been involved with that were nonprofit.  In my experiences, fundraising was more difficult when it required a certain amount of in-person participation or certain restrictions for the fundraiser.  As a suggestion...and I apologize if I'm sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong....but maybe try a different fundraiser, at least for this year.  As an example, one group I belong to has used Dairy Queen for fundraising.  I am not a hundred percent sure if their policies are across all their restaurants but i know it is consistent in my area.  Basically, you set up the date and they determine the time frame on that day....it's usually something like 6-10pm.  When we have done this, we have gotten several hundred dollars just in one night.  Think of how much money could be fundraised if it was done in multiple locations.  No one has to be present during the time frame (unless you want to) and the check can be picked up at a later time.  If you wish to have someone present to hand out materials about the group, I believe you can do so.  As I said, just a suggestion.  Hope everyone has a good evening.Nicole