[Ohio-Talk] Happy Holidays to All,

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 01:35:31 UTC 2019

Happy Holidays to All,

It is the time of the season for giving, sharing and good will!  Just a
smile, or a hug or even, a gift will do too!

. I also can feel the change in the year the weather has dropped, and the
season is changing quickly . I can remember the older people saying that the
cold weather was coming they could feel it in their bones. This has become
more and more of a reality as we've transitioned into winter. This morning,
I have about 2 inches of snow to create a snow man. Don't worry, it is just
a thought!

Ohio, I thought that I would provide you with some final updates prior to
the ending of 2019and the coming of 2020; which is the year of "Blind
Wisdom".     If you have not read the December issue of the Presidential
Release, do so and learn more about President, Mark Riccobono's stance on
his vision for the upcoming year.

///

A few weeks ago, Suzanne and I had an opportunity to tour the beautiful park
in hotel in Toledo Ohio. though this hotel seems very welcoming, there are
several ADA regulations that are not in place and quite frankly alarming.
Although, I have told members  who have inquired about the location of the
2020 Ohio State Convention, that a decision would be forth coming in two
weeks. Well,   I've looked at a few locations and several benefits that are
good for our group; including room rates. We have enjoyed less than $100 in
room rates for several years and we must understand that the day will come
when this no longer exist. While I began some time ago seeking for the best
hotel to accommodate our convention, a few concerns with hotels that we have
enjoyed a great relationship with has changed. So,  it has convinced me not
to rush a decision on a location at this time. Moreover, I have been
fortunate to negotiate with hotels to include free meeting spaces and a
breakfast buffet for two years. Those amenities itself would make a large
difference in the final decision on the location. Please be patient as I
continue to research.

///

The Cleveland and the Greater Cuyahoga County chapters held  a meeting in
Partnership with the City of Cleveland Planning Commission on this past
Thursday at Cleveland City Hall. several of us were   on hand to learn and
provide our professional  assistance on the Dockless Scooters and E-Bikes
Safety Regulations. NFBO has a resolution  that we adopted at the 2019 state
convention and all our chapters should be meeting with their prospective
city government to assure that the federations input is herd. When we vote
to decide the policy of the federation, it becomes part of the agenda for
our affiliate. I am encouraging all Ohio President's to review National and
State resolutions with your members.

///

The Columbus chapter invited Suzanne and I to attend their monthly meeting.
The dialogue on building membership and community engagement was inspiring.
We recognize that all chapters have often a decline in membership when it
comes to growth, but working together, we can find ways to build the
federation. We all must  make a serious effort in the next year to grow the
organization. if we do nothing to increase the membership, we will not be
filling one of the true missions of the NFB.

///

Eric and I have been working together to finalize plans for the Washington
seminar. So. if you see or hear from this group let them know that you
appreciate  their work and commitment.
Those who were selected are:
Richard Payne
Eric Duffy
Wilbert Turner
Brandon Khounesombat
Al Eli
Kinshuk Tella
Barbra Pierce
Theresa McKenney
Andra Stover
Mariann Dinning
Lyka Crebimlo
The Ohio Affiliate highly encourages chapters and individuals to make
contributions to the Washington and Columbus seminars that helps to fund the
organization's activities in D.C. and Columbus.

///

I am sure by the time that you see this email Chapters will have conducted
several holidays celebrations. I  attended  the Cleveland chapter party. It
was well attended, and the spirit was very festive. Then, I made my way back
to Dayton to attend our chapter celebration. We also had a great end of the
year celebration with several members in attendance, along with friends and
family. The Springfield Chapter had three of their members that
participated, including their Chapter president, Debby Baker. Plus, I
encourage, all to invite your leadership to neighboring area meetings and
celebrations. This helps to build trust  and camaraderie.

///

Finally, in an effort to be transparent and develop a stronger connection
with and between the Ohio Presidents, I have implemented "The Chapter
Presidents Conference Call". This meeting will be held each month to develop
a rapport, voice concerns, promote successes and  important information that
will foster a positive relationship and interaction with all involved.

///

Whether , you are a new member or a seasoned federationist, have a wonderful
and safe Holiday! See you in 2020!

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com