[Ohio-Talk] 20 Great Things

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 29 18:30:08 UTC 2019

20 Great Things

I got this idea from a writer and publisher friend, Kyle Wilson. A simple exercise he does at the end of every year.

List out 20 great things that happened to you this past year. Your list can include personal, family, health, financial, business or team related events and victories.

This journaling exercise helps us be more aware, and grateful for all the past year's successes. It also helps us be more aware of the areas we may have focused on more or less than others.

You might even add a whole layer to this, by involving your family or your team, or chapter. You can get together and read them aloud. It will be a powerful team experience.

What's really cool is, if you make this exercise a yearly ritual, at the end of 10 years you will have 200 great things on your list. It's an effective way to capture and reinforce all the success you've had.

Since we are closing out a decade, you may also want to do a top 20 from this past decade.

So try this, as an individual or as a family or team. See what insights cone up and look for some of those ah-ha moments as well.

By the way, 20 sounds like a lot, but you have them, you really do, and this exercise forces us to focus on all the blessings and successes we had this past year. I'm going to do this for myself and again with our chapter-Dave

Dave Bertsch
Greater Akron