[Ohio-talk] MicroSoft Seminars

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:37:31 UTC 2019

Wanda I don't recall that specific program or tool being mentioned, but narrator, magnifier, color and contrast filters, might all be applied to accessing a program or website. Since websites and programs all differ, I know I'm always trying new apps and tools in different combinations, to improve how I can view or listen or access something online. Here is the list the Microsoft rep sent me.

Resources to learn about Accessibility in Windows 10

Microsoft Accessibility Website
Microsoft Accessibility Page
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility

Microsoft vision-related Accessibility Tools in Windows 10
Vision-Related Tools in Windows 10
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/features?activetab=pivot_1:primaryr2

How to use color filters in Windows 10
Using color filters in Windows 10
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4344736/windows-10-use-color-filters

Microsoft Soundscape
This is a Free Application on all mobile platforms Soundscape is a research project that uses innovative audio-based technology to enable people with blindness or low vision to build a richer awareness of their surroundings, thus becoming more confident navigating new environments. Go to:
Microsoft Soundscape website
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/soundscape/

Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows
This applies to Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7:
Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts

Magnifier in Windows
This applies to Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7:
Magnifier in Windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11542/windows-use-magnifier

Making Windows 10 Easier to See
Ways to make Windows 10 easier to see
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/27928/windows-10-make-windows-easier-to-see

Narrator in Windows 10
Narrator in Windows 10
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17173/windows-10-hear-text-read-aloud

Windows Accessibility Help
Windows Accessibility Help
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4339839/windows-accessibility-help

Windows 10 Accessibility 101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyV-W7mSOdA
This presentation is from Microsoft Ignite, which is a large conference that Microsoft puts together to showcase education and accessibility tools.

Microsoft puts support videos on YouTube to support customers learning Windows 10 and other Microsoft products:
Microsoft Customer Support YouTube Page
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBoc5dePAjkGJMmqHJdp9_Q

###