[Ohio-talk] FW: Urgent Call to Action: HB 214 for accessible prescription label law

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 18:04:43 UTC 2019

From: Sharla Glass <sglass at envisionamerica.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:46 PM
To: rchpay7 at gmail.com
Subject: Urgent Call to Action: HB 214 for accessible prescription label law

some of us will be in Columbus next week but this is a great way to help.
Please do what you can.

Dear Friends and Advocates,

Every once in a while we come across a chance to make a significant
difference in the world with simply speaking our minds.  Today is that day!!

The Ohio House of Representatives Health Committee is seeking input from
citizens regarding accessible prescription label legislation.  Please take a
moment to write a short letter expressing your concerns and experience in
this regard.  The hope is to give the committee a full understanding of the
struggles and dangers  of managing medications with vision loss or
print-impairment.

Submitted testimonies will be reviewed by the committee on TUESDAY JUNE
25th!!!!!  So please send your email or make a phone call today!  Send a
copy of your letter it to the House Health Committee, to your senator and
legislator and finally to Eric Duffy of the Ohio NFB.  Eric will be at the
capitol testifying in person and can present a copy of your testimony if it
has not been officially logged by the committee yet.   You can find ideas on
what to write in your testimony here:
https://www.staysaferx.org/2019/03/legislative-testimony.html

*	Committee Chair, Representative Derek Merrin:
http://www.ohiohouse.gov/derek-merrin/contact
*	Find your legislators contact information here:
https://openstates.org/find_your_legislator/
*	Eric Duffy, NFB of Ohio Legislative Committee:  peduffy63 at gmail.com
<mailto:peduffy63 at gmail.com>

Full text of this bill can be found here:
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-summary?id=GA133-HB
-214

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!!  Thank you for your help
in supporting HB 214 and state-wide access to accessible prescription
labels!

Kind Regards,

Sharla Glass

Public Policy and Community Outreach Liaison

En-Vision America

825 4th Street W, Palmetto FL 34221

 <http://www.envisionamerica.com/> http://www.envisionamerica.com

Direct: 941-702-6602