[Ohio-Talk] (no subject)

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 19:00:30 UTC 2019

The Community Service Committee is sending you a gentle nudge.
    Don’t miss the opportunity to participate with us for the
inaugural NFB Ohio Service Project: Give the Gift of Warmth!

. You may purchase, knit, crochet or sew hats, scarves, mittens and
gloves for OSSB scholars!

There are 25 days until we gather in Worthington, Ohio for

The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio 73rd State Convention!

Hats, Scarves, Mittens, and or Gloves

All Sizes, Grades K thru 12, are requested

•	Optional: OSSB School Colors: Red and Blue Optional *

For additional information contact Cheryl by phone: 216-566-4317 or e mail:
cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com

The Ohio State School for the Blind, established in 1837, is the
oldest school for blind children in the United States. The school
serves approximately
110 residential and day students.    Skills paired with confidence
remove barriers, limits and low expectations for these young people.
Proving that
“Obstacles are Opportunities!”  Through academics, Music, Adaptive
sports, Art, OSSB continues to reinforce that blindness is not what
holds you back.
  Many successful federationists have attended OSSB and today,   “Live
the Lives they want.” With your help, the Community Service committee
will work
Toward strengthening the affiliate relationship with OSSB faculty,
scholars and parents.
This is an awesome opportunity to provide support.   Contribute to the
2019 inaugural effort!

“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” — Dr. Loretta Scott

Collection bins will be available during the convention, November 1st
thru November 3rd, at the DoubleTree Hotel in Worthington, Ohio.
Make sure you have reserved your room and registered.
If you are unable to attend and wish to participate, give your
donation to your chapter President for safe delivery.

Thanking you in advance for all you are going to do.

Let’s Go Build the Federation!

Cheryl Fields Chair
NFB Ohio Community Service Committee

216-566-4317

Cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com

“The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the
expectations
Of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between
blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness
is not what holds
You back.”

ohio-talk at nfbnet.org

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human
life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will
never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood