[Ohio-Talk] Follow-up items from our Sharing Solutions call

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:40:34 UTC 2020

>From Beth Glas, who was the presenter on the Sharing Solutions for Vision Loss Call.

hello!

Below and attached are follow-up items from our call on April 19. For more discussion, ideas, or questions, everyone is welcome to contact me (bglas at mahohio.org <mailto:bglas at mahohio.org>  or 216-231-0990) or Mara Layne (mlayne at mahohio.org <mailto:mlayne at mahohio.org> ).

Attached are:

*	Text file of presentation slides
*	Service list of community and government resources, as well as online accessibility and product sites
*	Resource list of all the Independent Living Centers in Ohio
*	University of Iowa home assessment (PDF)
*	AARP HomeFit Guide (PDF)

Direct links to products—contact me if I’m missing anything:

*	Doorbell with intercom <https://www.tomtop.com/p-s2040s-1.html#flow_review>  (note that we haven’t tested this)
*	Keyless door lock: Ardwolf Electronic Keyless Keypad Door Lock <https://ardwolf.com/product/ardwolf-a30/>
*	Outlet and switches with integrated night light: Snap Power <https://www.snappower.com/> , several models
*	Swing-clear door hinges: National Hardware Door Hinge <https://www.lowes.com/pd/National-Hardware-3-5-in-H-Satin-Chrome-Radius-Exterior-Mortise-Door-Hinge/1000148767>
*	Thermostat, easy-to-see dial: Honeywell Round <https://www.acwholesalers.com/Honeywell-T87N1026/p35396.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlanApdf36AIVnOzjBx0TXwMUEAQYASABEgKR9vD_BwE>

Other follow-up notes:

*	As we discussed a little on the call, procuring services will be a little tricky right now with delays due to COVID-19
*	Some additional resources are in the PDF and text files of the presentation
*	The Ohio Department of Aging, Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging, Direction Home, and the independent living centers can assist with benefits assessment and provision. Waiver programs include:

*	OH Home Care: Benefit package include home modifications, adaptive/assistive devices for people with physical disabilities ages 0-59
*	OH Passport: Provides minor home mods, maintenance and repair, home medical equipment and supplies, independent living assistance, for people ages 65 years and older and people with physical disabilities aged 60-64
*	OH Individual Options: Provides environmental accessibility adaptations, adaptive and assistive equipment for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities of any age

*	For assistance with medical alert buttons and watches, you can contact the Ohio Department of Aging or your local agency on aging (listed on the attached resource sheet). Your health insurance company may also have a recommendation. You can also get a medical alert service through your home security company, such as ADT or SimpliSafe.

Thank you so much,

Beth

…

Beth Glas