[Ohio-Talk] Birthday Party Invitation!!

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 15:14:56 UTC 2020

Front of invitation:
“Happy Birthday Louis Braille!
Dot 1, Dot 2,
We celebrate you!
Dot 3, Dot 4,
Let’s study some more.
Dot 5, Dot 6,
My fingers won’t miss a trick!”

Inside of invitation:
Hear ye, hear ye!
By royal decree,
Thy NFB Ohio invites thee!

Kindergarteners! 1st graders! 2nd graders! 3rd graders!
4th graders! 5th graders! 6th graders!
To the
LOUIS BRAILLE BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA
January 3rd
3:00 p.m. EST

Sweet Yummy Treats: Cupcakes Decorated with Candy as Braille
Absolute Splash: Birthday hats and noise makers
The Golden Pot: Five chances to win a fabulous door prize
Spectacular Place: The NFB Ohio Zoom platform

Finger maneuvers to the Birthday Extravaganza
Double tap or click this link:
HTTPS://ZOOM.US/J/4081850851
or
Dial these digits:
+1-646-876-9923
The special code to get in: 4081850851#

Back of invitation:
Instructions for the Adults:
-	Parents/Guardians are responsible for dropping off and picking up
all their kids
-	All sweet yummy treats and absolute splash supplies must be provided
by parents/guardians
-	Do not need to help with cleanup, the Zoom janitor will remove all trash

Simple Vanilla Cupcake recipe
Ingredients:
2 cups of Flour. ½ teaspoon of Salt. 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder. ½
cup of Butter, softened. ¾ cup of Sugar. 2 Eggs. 1 cup of Milk. 1
teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Directions:
1.	Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line the muffin pan with paper cups.
2.	Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat one egg in at a time.
3.	In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder. Beat
half the flour mixture into the creamed butter mix. Beat in half the
milk into the creamed butter mixture. Beat in the remaining flour
mixture, then the remainder of the milk. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4.	Divide evenly among pan and bake for eighteen minutes. Let cool in
pan for ten minutes.
5.	Ice the cupcakes with your favorite flavor of icing. Decorate the
tops using small candies to write the first letter of your name in
Braille.

Craft Ideas for Noise Makers
Supplies: 1 empty toilet paper roll or empty paper towel roll. Dried
beans, dried macaroni noodles, or dried rice. Stapler
Directions: Staple one end of the paper roll closed. Put a handful of
the dried ingredients into the opening of the paper roll. Staple the
last opening closed. Decorate your new noise maker!

Live the Life You Want!

Hosted by
national federation of the Blind of Ohio
Community Service Committee
www.nfbohio.org

"I am filled with hope, energy, and love by participating in the
National Federation of The Blind because my expectations are raised,
my contributions make a difference to me and to others, and I can
celebrate the realization of my dreams with my Federation family."