[Ohio-Talk] FW: Mental Health First Aid Monthly

Wanda wsloan118 at roadrunner.com
Sat Feb 1 17:35:39 UTC 2020

From: Mental Health First Aid [mailto:Communications at TheNationalCouncil.org]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2020 11:35 AM
To: wsloan118 at roadrunner.com
Subject: Mental Health First Aid Monthly

Mental Health First Aid Monthly Newsletter

To view this email as a web page, click here <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/v/O0c0v4hF0300bMR50j0f5DJ>

You Can #BeTheDifference This Year

In a survey <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/i4bM0bJ5vRR00f000Dh3F04>  on 2020 New Year’s resolutions, 38% of people said they want to improve their mental wellbeing or practice mindfulness. It’s clear that people are becoming more aware of the importance of mental health and looking for ways to incorporate it into their daily life, but they might not know where to start. We want to help.

That’s why during January, we focused on how Mental Health First Aid can help you take care of your own mental health and support your loved ones in 2020. Use the tips and resources in this e-newsletter to help yourself and those around you take care of their mental health all year long.

If you’re looking for a way to #BeTheDifference for those in need today, look no further. The National Council for Behavioral Health launched a fundraiser to help those fighting the wildfires in Australia and the thousands of people who have been impacted.

More than 12 million acres of land have burned across Australia this wildfire season, destroying thousands of homes and killing millions of animals. Mental Health First Aid was founded in Australia and that's where our mascot ALGEE lives. Our community and mascot need us now more than ever.

100% of proceeds of ALGEE plush toys sold through March 20 will be donated to the Australian Red Cross. Visit the MHFA Store <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/v04D0bbS0fRFMv55J03h000>  today and join us in helping those in need not only in the United States, but around the world too.

We’re also sharing resources on social media – follow us on Twitter <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/Ab0604MJ30bf5vh00R0T0DF>  and Facebook <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/f00bf0R0DU005J3hMbF7v04> !

 <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/v04D0bbS0fRFMv55J03h000>

Why Mental Health First Aid?

Do you know what to do if someone around you is having a panic attack or suicidal thoughts? That's what Mental Health First Aid is for.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/XfR0v8J0b000Fb4Dh035MV0> .

Five Mental Health Resources That Can #BeTheDifference

When you're trying to find mental health information and support, it can be hard to know where to start. But there are resources that can make a difference.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/a0300R05hM0D009FWJbb4vf> .

Helping People: Why I Became a Youth MHFA Instructor

Jessica Smiley shares why she became a Mental Health First Aid Instructor and how she chooses to #BeTheDifference for her community every day.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/x0M0000b3X50RbJ0af4vDFh> .

ALGEE in the News

After training all police officers in MHFA, a Wisconsin city is now training all city employees.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/Mb0F0h0DMb45f00bR0vJ0Y3> .

Virginia teens are helping their classmates who might be facing mental health challenges with tMHFA.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/P000b0fMRJ0vZ40b0DcF5h3> .

St. Louis organizations are training the public in MHFA so they can help each other in times of need.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/lcJhe000R5Dv0F3f40b000M> .

Thank you for choosing to #BeTheDifference, Mental Health First Aid USA

 <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/o031b00fc005vM04DFJfhR0>     <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/O0c0v4hF0300bMR20g0f5DJ>

The   <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/df0Rv53bch0FD00J4h030M0> National Council for Behavioral Health is the unifying voice of America’s health care organizations that deliver mental health and addictions treatment and services. Together with our 3,326 member organizations serving over 10 million adults, children and families living with mental illnesses and addictions, the National Council is committed to all Americans having access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery. The National Council introduced   <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/eb0D4F03000JMc0h45iRv0f> Mental Health First Aid USA  and 2 million Americans have been trained. For more information, please visit   <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/df0Rv53bch0FD00J4h030M0> www.TheNationalCouncil.org.

This email was sent to wsloan118 at roadrunner.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may update your preferences <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/u/Q0cF0DJ0M63Rh0b5f00k4v0>  at any time.