[Ohio-Talk] Help please

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 17:58:28 UTC 2020

Hello NFB family,

First of all, I hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

I have a question that I am hoping that someone can answer.  I have decided to forego the use of a computer and am now using an ipad with a smart attached keyboard.  For most things, it appears to work great.  I am typing this email with it, and I like it so far.  I am obviously using voice over as well.  The only thing that I can’t get to work is using the smart keyboard with the microsoft word app.  Every time i touch a key and try to type in a word document, every key just says “new line” as if I am hitting the return key.  I can’t imagine that the smart keyboard is not compatible with word, becuase many people would complain about that, so I am thinking it is a voice over problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions? I really appreciate your help.

On another note, I am getting the keyboard to work great with the Pages word processor app, but since not everyone has that I am not sure if most people can read attached email documents if I send them if I just use Pages instead of word.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Annette Lutz
Sent from my iPad