[Ohio-Talk] Bard with Amazon fire tablet

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:33:09 UTC 2020

Good morning,

I have a question that I am hoping somebody can help me with. Does any buddy out there use board with the Amazon fire tablet. If so, how easy is it to use? How accessible. My mom is not very technological, but would love to be able to download books from Bard, especially now that she will not be receiving talking books for the for seeable future. I thought about getting her a fire tablet so that she could use Alexa for many things. She does have an echo and is familiar with Alexa. I saw that bard does have an app for the fire tablet. I just didn’t know if she would be able to use the Alexa to look up books and to download them with this. She was not very good at using the iOS products. Plus, the fire tablet is quite a bit cheaper, so if she is unable to use it it is not as much of an investment as buying an iPad.

If anybody is familiar. With how this works, please let me know.

Thanks.

Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.